Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Circle of Life

Back row: Diane and Carolyn, Lael's daughters
Front row: Monica, Lael and me

I went to visit my great aunt, Lael Creer, today and on Tuesday. She is 93 and has decided that maybe she would like to relocate to Heaven. She has been a widow for 37 years now and thinks its time to see her sweetheart, Paul, again. Her family has been very dear to my family. Her grand daughter, Monica, worked for me for many years as my "right-hand" gal. She helped me in a thousand different ways when I had six children at home and life was crazy. Her mom, Carolyn, was a favorite cousin of my dad and she used to tend me and my siblings when my parents went on trips. Her mom, Lael, my great aunt, was mother to my dad when he went to live with them on their dairy farm in Spanish Fork. He lived with them for a year when he was in Jr. High. He helped out with milking the cows because all the other young men just older than he was had gone off to fight in WWII. As I sat visiting with all of them, all these different ways that we are tied together came to my mind. I am the privileged one to watch as Diane, Carolyn and Monica get ready to say "Good-bye" to their mom and grandma. My heart aches as I see Lael hoping the end will come soon---and it rejoices in the reunion that is to be on the "other side of the veil". My dad will be there and I know after she greets her husband, and siblings that he will be in line to give her a great big "Welcome Home" hug. "God be with you til we meet again" Aunt Lael, we love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment