Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Asking to the Sweetheart Dance!


OK, I have recommitted myself to blogging! Having my last child go on his first dance date is quite an event! Definitely deserving of a blog! Josh and his group of friends decided the Sweetheart Ball at Timpview was a must do! Five of them braved the task of asking a girl out and waiting for her "answer". Being the mother of four olders sons and one daughter, all trying to think of cute ways to ask to dances, has taught me that when you see something that lends itself to date asking---YOU BUY IT!! So in my stash of possibilities, we found a fun heart shaped pinata that was perfect for Josh to use. He filled it with all sorts of Valentine candies and then wrote each letter of his name on individual candy packages. His date had to find all the letters and then figure out his name. On the outside, Bob suggested we write "It would be a big hit if you would go to the Sweetheart Dance with me!" He asked a darling long-time friend, Aubrey Money to go with him. Happily, "YES" was her answer!

1 comment: