Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Carving





There are a few things in life that I realized I didn't have to do any more once I had "grown up". One of these was riding roller coasters. (I do not enjoy the feeling of dropping---which is why airplane turbulence and I are not friends!) I also really don't like the slimy feel of pumpkin "insides" on my hands---and I have dealt with lots of gross things in my life as a mother and a nurse. But, since I don't like digging out pumpkins, I got to be the cleaner-upper and the "turn on the movie" (Indiana Jones) person while Bob, Janie, Colby, Ryan and Becca cleaned out and carved our Halloween Jack-o-Lanterns. (Josh was a birthday party for one of his friends.) They turned out great---especially since I got to enjoy the finished product without touching the mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment