Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Only in Texas"


After a crazy night at the hotel, where our smoke alarm decided to "chirp" in the middle of the night, two "engineers" and two trips to our room couldn't figure it out, and a hurried move in our pajamas with everything flung into our suit cases, the hotel graciously gave us all a free buffet breakfast. (It was the least they could do, we really wanted a free steak and everything dinner!)
Imagine my surprise when I went to get a waffle and found it was in the shape of Texas! I feel safe in saying that I don't think any other state in the union has waffle irons made in the shape of their state! I would wager that probably some enterprising person is now much wealthier for coming up with this idea and that every hotel in this fair state has one! And we know by the size of Texas that that must be lots!!! P.S. It was a delicious waffle!

2 comments:

  1. You mean none of those people know how to change the battery in a smoke alarm?
    I'm glad they at least gave you a free breakfast.

    ReplyDelete