Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bob's perfect day!


If you are a busy orthopedic doctor who goes to work before the sun is up and comes home many nights after the sun has set, you dream of being outside doing something you love that is not related to work. Well, our son James, who lives in Boston came this week-end for a visit! He really wanted to ski and so Bob took off yesterday ( a rarity) and they went to Deer Valley early in the morning. They skiied HARD (doing all the mogels and double black diamond runs) and then came home about 2:00 p.m. At 3:00 p.m. they had a Tee-time at Riverside to go GOLFING with Ryan and Josh! Skiing and golfing in the same day---only in Utah in the spring!!!

After nine holes, we all piled in the trusty suburban and drove to Salt Lake where James wanted to go to Hires Big "H" restaurant (a drive-in hamburger place that I used to go to when I was a young girl). We met Janie and Colby and the whole family threw cholesterol worries to the wind and had onion rings, cheese fries, and hamburgers. It was a heart attack waiting to happen! Afterwards, we went to a fantastic gelato place and had scrumptious gelato like you would find in Europe. I had Nutella chocolate and Cookies and Cream and it was SO GOOD! I tasted Becca's strawberry and I am dreaming of that right now. Seriously, I will seek out this place the next trip to Salt Lake and try some of the other flavors. It was to die for!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Aunt Sue--It's Becky Smith! I stumbled across your blog. I hope you don't mind it I read it. I just have to say that I think I know the Gelatto place you are talking about. Is it in Draper? It is delicious! Reading your blog made me CRAVE it. MMMM!

    ReplyDelete