Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Give a day, Get a free Disney Day!

My favorite one!

Ryan and Becca told us about a program that Disney was doing where they were offering one million free tickets into Disneyland or Walt Disney World to people who signed up to do a service project in their community! After hearing about their experience and how easy it was, I decided to sign me, Bob, Josh, Janie and Colby up. I was able to choose from 10-12 pages of service projects and chose the United Way's "Welcome Baby" program. For each ticket we had to either buy 10 receiving blankets or make 3. Well, we bought thirty at 6/$10 and so spent $50. Then I had quite a bit of baby flannel that I decided to make into blankets. I figure we will get $450 worth of tickets for about $75! That's $15 a ticket! The only problem...I got carried away and instead of making six blankets, I made fourteen! I just really enjoyed sewing again and found I could make a blanket in about 20 minutes. (I figure I can use the extra blankets for gifts.) I took our finished project to United Way today and they said to watch for our ticket voucher within the next two weeks. We are really excited!

1 comment:

  1. You are more than welcome to be a follower on our blog! I love how blogging helps to keep you connected to extended families. I will have to try the gelato place you mentioned. There is also a fabulous gelato place in Draper you should try. I can't remember the name, but just where it is. It is in an Italian restaurant on about 11400 South and State St. The blankets look like a fun project. I wish I could find the time to sew like that. Please don't tell me I have to wait until almost all of my kids are married to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete