Thursday, January 7, 2010

Germany 2009---Day 3 and the German Jacket




We spent today in Munich again with much of our emphasis on German clothing. I have a passion for German clothing---it is so well made and so well styled and so...so...so... German!!! I have loved this type of clothing since I was a teenager and a very stylish young German woman lived in our ward. She would come to church in the most fantastic suits and dresses! I just loved to look at them and of course, back then you couldn't find anything like them unless you went to Germany! Well, about ten years after I was married, my German missionary husband and I stumbled upon Utah Woolen Mills. They carry German clothing! I was thrilled!!! So, every year for the next few years, my sweet husband would get me a German made suit for Christmas! I loved them and still have them all in my upstairs cedar closet. Well, here I was in Germany again, and of course, they just happened to have lots and lots of beautiful woolen jackets and skirts, etc... My wonderful friends indulged me and we went to several stores looking. I fell in love with a brown jacket with green applique but wouldn't you know it we found a size 4, 6 and two 10s---but NO 8! So, I did the next best thing and found another jacket that was similar but grey. I love it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment