Sunday, January 18, 2009

Josh, "the beast" and the road


Friday, Jan. 16, 2009, Josh began his driving career!!! It was not an easy thing to convince him that he was ready for this experience...he was fairly nervous at the prospect. He is learning on "the beast", my 2002 suburban. I figure if you learn to drive a gigantic car, you won't have any trouble with a regular size car. Besides, he will probably drive the suburban most of the time when I am driving the Highlander hybrid. We went to the Timpview driving range and he drove around for about 1/2 an hour---straight, in circles, right turn, left turn, and pulling into parking stalls. We went out into the student parking lot for part of the time and there practiced some backing skills. He did quite well--- I don't think I even got any new gray hairs from the experience. With as talented as he is on the Wii, I hope he will take to this quickly. Now, one of his favorite requests is "Can we go driving? or "Can I drive home?" That will have to wait until he passes the written driving test and gets his learner's---but we are on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment