Friday, February 13, 2009

Relief Society Enrichment Night!


Thursday night, before our big party for my mom on Saturday, was our Relief Society Enrichment Night. This was our first one as a new presidency. It was fantastic (if I so modestly say so myself)!


We decorated with pink and green and had a great dinner of chicken salad, grapes, rolls and yummy dessert. Thanks to Costco and Sister Joann Sharpe for their culinary talents! Joann, shown below with me, is a fantastic cook and savvy shopper! I hope to glean from her wisdom and talents. She made a richly decadent chocolate cake for everyone.




We were serving at 6:00 p.m. and by 6:05 most every seat was taken and we had to set up about 50 more seats! We estimate we probably fed 400---the turn out just blew us away. Our speaker was Wendy Ulrich, my sister Karen's friend, a psychologist who deals in loss and how to cope. She gave a meaninful talk that I found to be really helpful in dealing with challenges. I think everyone enjoyed her, she was funny and charming as well as insightful. Our presidency is walking on cloud nine right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment