Sunday, August 1, 2010

Our stay in the Nueroscience/trauma unit.

This is Jane Anne, I have been given the assignment to blog about Josh's surgery.
This past week has been a rough one. Josh went into surgery for his scoliosis on Wednesday, and 5 hours and 11 fused vertebrae later his back was fixed. It is a pretty major surgery and so he stayed from wednesday to sunday at Primary Childrens hospital in salt lake. Friday was his 17th birthday, and the hospital was nice enough to celebrate . He is doing well now and is on the (long) road to recovery.We are very thankful for all the prayers and support that we were given.

Oh, and he would like everyone to know that he is now an inch taller! Coming in at a whopping 6'2 3/4 "before the surgerySitting up for the first time. What an incision!
Up and walking!Giving the birthday boy some love :)
Finally coming home!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear he is home and doing well. We have been praying for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know about Josh! What an ordeal. My oldest daughter has slight scoliosis too and I know it really runs in the fam. Josh, I hope you are recovering and feeling much better! I guess that extra inch can be considered a bonus so you can "stand a little taller!" Love to all.....

    ReplyDelete